I am Jenny and I opened Jenny’s Yoga Loft in 2017 in Polesworth in order to support and foster a sense of mindfulness and peace in the surrounding community.
The studio is run by me together with the support of some amazing Teachers.
There are various classes available for you to achieve and maintain your optimal health whether you are experiencing pain or simply want to improve your physical and mental well-being. The classes offered are suitable for Men and Woman of all ages. I have also, introduced a family fun session for you to practice with your children.
My initial experience in yoga was when I was 18 and quite accidentally attended a class in a Fitness centre in Middlesex. At the time I didn’t realise just what yoga was capable of doing for my body and mind. However, whilst I was in Sunny Sri Lanka in my thirties, once again yoga crossed my path.
Lyndon Mason my yoga teacher has established a yoga shala and was teaching Sivananda yoga. At the time I was suffering from inflammation of joints, spondylosis on my neck – affecting half of the right side of my body, I suffered many sleepless nights due to pain. Car accidents had left me with a weak lower back and two bulging discs on either side of my spine. Older and wiser I saw the potential in yoga to strengthen and nourish me, not only my body but my mind too.
I began doing yoga once a week while I was still in my thirties, then increased it to up to three times a week for a few years while taking it carefully because my joints were tight and stiff. I eventually noticed and felt the effects. Therefore, I formally decided to start practising every day in 2005. My initial decision to take up yoga was difficult, but with perseverance along with consistent practice, I have been able to achieve the level of quality of life I had all but given up on. Since I started practising yoga, I no longer appear to experience any of the symptoms and I consistently fall asleep in pain-free bliss.
During my regular practice, my lovely teacher encouraged me to take up a Yoga Teacher Training Course so, I can help others. I took his advice graduated as a Yoga Teacher and been teaching since July 2012.
Now in my sixties and I feel strong, flexible, energised and healthy thanks to yoga which has also given me a sense of peacefulness, a feeling of calm in this hectic world in which we live. I feel that Yoga has the potential to nourish both mind and body.
- 200 hours – Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training at Int’l Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, London, England.
- 300 hours – Sadhana, Vinyasa and Yin Teacher Training at ULU Yoga, Koh Phangan, Thailand
- 200 hours – Ashtanga Vinyasa & Hatha Iyanger Yoga Teacher Training at Siddhant School of Yoga, Rishikesh, India
- 100 hours – Yoga & Meditation Training at Siddha Yoga Peeth, Rishikesh, India
- Reiki Level 1 & II Certificate with Reiki Master Seichem Master Jo Blakey
- Seichem 1 & II Certificates with Reiki Master Seichem Master Jo Blakey
- Diploma – Children’s Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Mulliner at Yogakidz, England
- Certificates in – Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding Awareness, Health & Safety Training at Loughborough College, Loughborough.
- Skill Base Achievements – Combined Adult, Baby & Child Basic Life Support
- Workshops – I have undertaken various other yoga related training and workshops over the years, which includes Vinyasa, Yin, Hatha and Vikasa Yoga in Thailand.
Try our Buy 1 get 1 FREE Taster Package
Enjoy Unlimited Access to all our classes by joining our Nivana package.